Sick of Beige standard PCB sizes v1.0
Are you sick of beige project boxes that hide your cool board and hard work? Wouldn't it be cool if your project was case ready from the first revision?
We worked with case designer David Moberly to create a case-friendly PCB footprint for our projects. We call the specification Sick of Beige v1.0. Just drop the PCB symbol from our Eagle library on a schematic to get a board with nice rounded edges, mounting holes, and recommendations for connector placement.
The PCB templates come in two shapes. 6 square boards, sized 30mm to 80mm in 10mm increments. 80mm x 80mm is biggest board that will fit in the free version of Eagle. Rectangular boards range from 50mm to 100mm in 10mm increments, up to the Eagle maximum size of 80mm by 100mm.
SoB v1.0 at a glance: Key values
- 3.2mm mounting holes
- 4mm from center of hole to edge of PCB
- PCBs have 4mm corner radius
- We recommend minimum 6mm keepout around mounting hole to leave room for the standoffs
- We recommend minimum 1.7mm edge keepout for case clearance
DP Standard Board Keepouts and restricts
- a 1.7mm width 39 tkeepout and 40 bkeepout around the board edges
- a 3mm radius 41 tRestrict and 42 bRestrict with its center on each 4 holes
- a crosshair like centerline for the board in 49 Reference layer
- a usb center for the major axis of the board in 49 Reference layer at 5.25mm from edge
- board name on the back 26 bNames e.g. DP6037 (lower right), 1.27mm size, 12% ratio
Other notes for case designers
- we see PCB widths vary up to +0.4mm, and recommend you design for up to +0.4mm of extra PCB in both directions
List of sizes
*Note: This is not a Golden ratio rectangle, but the maximum Cadsoft Eagle PCB size for users with a free license.
Hole dimensions and locations
Holes are located in the 4 corners exactly 4mm from the closest vertical, and horizontal edge. They are 3.2mm in diameter.
Cooper keep-out area
Around each hole there is a cooper keep-out area approximately 5mm from the center of the hole. In this area no traces, or ground fills are aplicable, to avoid contact with metallic standoffs,and screws.
Component placement keep-off area
No component may be placed 1.7mm from an edge of the board. this is for posible future cases that hold the PCB by the edges
Board's round corners
Each corner of the board is rounded with an arc 4mm in radius.
Reference points and lines
Runing through the exact middle, both lengthwise, and lengthwise, is a reference line. Also added are two reference point for USB mini-B jack, 5.25mm for the left and right edges.