Open Bench Logic Sniffer/es
|Language:||English • Español • Русский|
- Available now for $50, including worldwide shipping
- Now available in the Gadget Factory shop (US),SparkFun (US),eHaJo(DE), Watterott electronic (DE),SK Pang (UK)
- A 5volt tolerant buffer is available for the 16channels of the 'wing' header ($15)
Open Bench Logic Sniffer is an open source logic analyzer. It's designed to support theSUMP logic analyzer software at the lowest possible cost. This project is a collaboration between theGadget Factory and Dangerous Prototypes.
|Name:||Open Bench Logic Sniffer/es|
|Buy it:||Get one for $50 at Seeed Studio|
|Forum:||Open Bench Logic Sniffer/es Forum|
- Hardware design overview
- Quick start video (Windows screencast)
- Logic Sniffer quick start guide Connecting, installing drivers and software (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Logic Sniffer 101 Modes, pin numbering, LEDs, errors
- Logic Sniffer 102 Sample depths, triggers, RLE
- Logic Sniffer 103 More RLE
- Demonstrations and use examples
- Open Bench Logic Sniffer schematic and partlist
- Logic Sniffer hardware downloads
- 16bit buffer wing hardware downloads
- SUMP VHDL overview videos
- User created cases
There is now a Gadgetfactory complete update package. This is a simple all-in-one solution for updating.
|Item||Website/Documentation||Latest stable release - download link|
|PIC firmware||Forum thread||olsv1-firmware-v3.0.zip|
|FPGA 'Demon' Core||Forum thread||ols_verilog_release7.zip|
|PC client, Jawi||www.lxtreme.nl/ols||ols-0.9.5-full.tar.gz|
|Original PIC fw_update (Windows/Linux/Mac)||Forum thread|
|Original FPGA/ROM ols-loader (Windows/Linux/Mac)||OLS-loader utility||Forum thread|
|Combined PIC/FPGA update tool (Windows/Linux/Mac?)||OLS-fwloader comprehensive update utility||ols-fwloader-0.1.tar.gz|
|Windows GUI combined PIC/FPGA update tool||Source on github||ols_winloader_v2.03.zip|
For details about the features see the Feature Status page.
How to update
- Logic Sniffer upgrades under Windows (original)
- Logic Sniffer upgrades under Linux
- robot's new comprehensive update application
FPGA bitstream upgrades
PIC firmware upgrades
Some preorder 1 Logic Sniffers shipped without a bootloader. Here's some options to get it fixed:bootloader rescue
Logic Analyzer Software
Logic analyzer client software controls the Logic Sniffer hardware and displays the pretty logic graph.
We recommend this SUMP client.
Multi-platform Java client. A version of the SUMP client actively developed by Jawi in the forum.
- Alternative Java client homepage
- You'll need Java
- Support and bug reports
- Releases and requests
- Logic Sniffer 102 documents some features of the client
- Reset issues with Arduino
Other SUMP-compatible clients
The original software for the SUMP core used in the Logic Sniffer is a multi-platform Java application.
There are several other clients that support the SUMP protocol. They are in various stages of development.
- Overview of several SUMP-compatible clients
- Raphihouri’s Windows/.Net client
- LogicAnalyzer (Java/RCP)
- Yet another client (Python) (Forum thread)
- Sigrok (no release yet)
SUMP FPGA core
New v3 Demon core in Verilog
Original SUMP VHDL core
- PCB art: CC-BY-SA-NC
- Bootloader: GPL (From Diolan)
- Firmware source: GPL (excluding Microchip USB stack)
- Compiled firmware: CC-BY-SA-NC*
- The compiled firmware uses a USB PID licensed from Microchip for our use. It is limited to 10K units, and licensed only for our OLS hardware production, therefore we have to limit use of firmware compiled with these numbers to non-commercial use. You are free to compile the firmware from source without the PID and use it under the terms of the GPL.