Become a distributor
We'd be thrilled if you sell our stuff in your shop, or use it in your hacker space. Here's a general overview of our process. It's a little funky because Seeed Studio handles our order fulfillment.
Our distributors to date:
- Adafruit (USA: Bus Pirate)
- Open Source Control Systems (USA: Bus Pirate)
- eHaJo (Germany: Logic Sniffer, CPLD breakouts, xQFP breakout board)
- Australian Robotics (Australia: web platform)
- Watterott electronic (Germany: Bus Pirate, web platform, Logic Sniffer)
- SparkFun Electronics (USA: Open Logic Sniffer)
- SK Pang (UK: Logic Sniffer)
- EXP Tech (Germany: Bus Pirate, Open Workbench Logic Sniffer, Bus Blaster, XC2C64A CPLD, FT2232H, ATX breakout board bench power supply)
- EpicTinker.Com (USA: Bus Pirate, Bus Blaster, Logic Shrimp, USBIR Toy, Web platform)
- Evola (France: Bus Pirate v3.5, Bus Pirate V4, Web platform)
- Hacromatic (USA: Bus Pirate v3.6)
- Phenoptix (UK: Bus Pirate v3.6, Bus Pirate LCD adapter v3, Logic Shrimp, ATX breakout board power supply, Open Workbench Logic Sniffer)
- Limetrace (Republic of Ireland): Bus Pirate v3.6, ATX breakout board power supply
- Anibit (USA): Bus Pirate v3.6, USB IR Toy
Hacker spaces get distributor pricing too!
- A link to your store on the product page
- Warm fuzzy feeling of supporting open source hardware
- Use our artwork and branding
Wholesale price warning
We do small batches of projects, between 20 and 500, so our markup isn't very high. We do our best to offer a 20-30% discount to wholesalers, but sometimes our markup is only 5-10% on small production runs.
- If you have a large order we can produce an extra large batch and get a bigger discount for you
- Seeed sells Bus Pirate cables and cases, and other accessories. We're not involved with these, but we can include them in your wholesale order
- Drop us a line for the current wholesale price list
- Setup your order with us
- Seeed ships your order from China
Payment is made directly to Dangerous Prototype's business side, Where Labs, LLC.
- Paypal works great for small orders
- Around $1000 a bank transfer is usually cheaper
Seeed's standard shipping methods are available. Please note: the actual cost of all shipping methods is added to wholesale orders.
- UPS, FEDEX, DHL, and airmail available at cost
- We also can use your FEDEX, UPS, or DHL shipping account
- Adafruit reports that Seeed's UPS charge is around 50% less than using their own shipping account
Free shipping is no longer available Seeed now charges us the actual cost of shipping for wholesale orders
- Seeed can declare the wholesale cost or retail cost of the package, depending on your local import requirements.
- Seeed can ship from Hong Kong free trade area if your country has this type of agreement.
- Insured values greater than $600 incur an additional Chinese export fee of $40-$80.