CoolRunner-II CPLD breakout board
|CoolRunner-II CPLD breakout board|
Ever get stuck choosing the right logic chip combination or voltage level translator? Give up the hunt and create your own custom logic chip. CPLDs can give you the logic you need, with the pinout you want, while saving board space and board revisions.
The CoolRunner-II XC2C CPLD has two separate banks of pins that can operate at different voltages, internal pull-up resistors, and pin keepers. This development board from Dangerous Prototypes will help you build your first custom logic chip using simple schematic entry, Verilog, or VHDL.
- XC2C64A CPLD with 64 macrocells
- On-board 1.8volt supply for the core
- On-board 3.3volt supply for pins
- Separate pin banks can be operated at different voltages (1.2volt to 3.3volt)
- Selectable 1.8volt, 3.3volt, and external supply for each pin bank
- LEDs for output
- Push button for input
- Populated JTAG header
- Easy to program with the Bus Pirate and Bus Blaster
- Open source (CC-BY-SA)
- PCB and placement notes
- soldering advise
Q1 on the bottom of the PCB is for an optional 3.3volt oscillator. It feeds into a global clock pin. Some suitable values are:
|D1, D2, PWR||3||Yellow LED||LED-805|
|JTAG||1||0.1” Pin header||1X06|
|PB||1||SMD button, small||TACT_SWITCH_SMALL|
|U2||1||1.8volt LDO voltage regulator 100mA||SOT-23-5|
|U3||1||3.3volt LDO voltage regulator 150mA||SOT-23-5|
|V1,V2||2||0.1” Pin header||1X03|
Development and programming tutorials are on the main CPLD page.
You can [get one for $00], including worldwide shipping.
Your purchases at Seeed Studio keep the open source project coming, we sincerely appreciate your support!
- CPLD breakout homepage Programming, tutorials, devices, and more
- CoolRunner-II CPLD quick start
- CoolRunner-II family manual
- XC2C64A device datasheet
- XC2C32A device datasheet (smaller version of XC2C64A used on Bus Blaster v2)