Bus Pirate v3.5
|Name:||Bus Pirate v3.5|
|Buy it:||Get one for Superseded by v3.6 at Seeed Studio|
|Price:||Superseded by v3.6|
|Forum:||Bus Pirate v3.5 Forum|
- Superseded by Bus Pirate v3.6
New in v3.5
- Shrouded header
- Resized to fit a case
- Simplified hardware design with all the same features as v3
Bus Pirate v3a (L), v3b (R), v4 (BACK)
Bus Pirate v3.5 is exactly the same a Bus Pirate v3b. We added a much requested shrouded header, and made tweaks to keep manufacturing costs down.
- v3.5 has a bigger PCB, the same size as v4. Both boards will fit the same inexpensive acrylic case.
- The IO header is centered and has a shroud - the plastic cover thing that makes it easy to get the probe cable on right (not pictured because we couldn't find one)
- Most resistors were consolidated into resistor packs. The arrays are cheaper, and there's three fewer pick and place movements for each array, nine less to assemble v3.5.
- All parts reduced to 0603, CD4066 (IC3) changed to SSOP.
- Test pins shorted to indicate v3.5. The firmware knows if it runs on a v2.5/3a,v3b, or v3.5 PCB. Not that it matters at all.
The first batch of 500 Bus Pirate v3.5s is extra special. Seeed has 500 SOIC PIC 24Fj64GA002s sitting around so we made the first board with an SOIC footprint. These are known to be revision B5, an update to A3 used in our first batch of Bus Pirates, and the reason we use software I2C libraries.
v3.5a SSOP PCB
v3.5 SOIC PCB (bigger PIC chip)
- Shopping cart at Mouser for v3.5-SOIC (SOIC sized PIC)
- Hardware: CC-0
- Firmware: CC-0
- Bootloader: GPL V3.0