Part Ninja identifies electronic components like transistors and FETs, determines the pinout, and measures basic specifications.
[Available for $XX] at Seeed Studio.
|Buy it:||[ Get one for $XX at Seeed Studio]|
|Forum:||[ Part Ninja Forum]|
Part Ninja V1 is a electronic component testing tool. It identifies electronic components like transistors and FETs, determines the pinout, and measures basic specifications. Several SMD footprints are included so surface mount parts can be tested too.
Only a few pins and resistors are needed for the transistor tester, so we used the extra PIC hardware to add extra features. A voltage reference along with the PIC’s comparators should help us measure capacitors somewhat accurately. In many designs there are dead spots where resistor measurements are not accurate – we added an extra resistor ladder with a wide range of values to compensate.
- Determines pinouts and key values for transistors, resistors, capacitors, diodes and more
- PCB that is the same width of a 2×16 44780 character display
- Has a small area where SMD components (SOT23, 1206, 0805, 0603, 0402) can be tested
- PWM generation on two pins for advanced testing
- Comparators on two pins for advanced capacitor measurement
This is just our first development prototype to get familiar with how semiconductor testers work. This design borrows heavily from other DIY testers, such as the AVR Transistor Tester. We hope to develop it further into a simple-to-use semiconductor tester and LCR meter, then release it as a project at Seeed.
- Part Ninja design overview
- schematic and partlist
- Design history and work product, see it come to life
Software and drivers
- [PIC18F4550 product page]
- [PIC18F4550 datasheet]
- [Microchip C compiler for PIC18 MCUs]
- Hardware: CC-BY-SA
- Software: CC-BY-SA
- Firmware: CC-BY-SA
- Bootloader: GPL