Open Bench Logic Sniffer
|Language:||English • Español • Русский|
- Available now for $50, including worldwide shipping
- Now available in the Gadget Factory shop (US), SparkFun (US), Watterott electronic (DE), SK Pang (UK) Phenoptix (UK)
- A 5volt tolerant buffer is available for the 16channels of the 'wing' header ($15)
Open Bench Logic Sniffer is an open source logic analyzer. It's designed to support the SUMP logic analyzer software at the lowest possible cost. This project is a collaboration between the Gadget Factory and Dangerous Prototypes.
|Name:||Open Bench Logic Sniffer|
|Buy it:||Get one for $50 at Seeed Studio|
|Forum:||Open Bench Logic Sniffer Forum|
- Logic Sniffer quick start guide Connecting, installing drivers and software (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Logic Sniffer 101 Modes, pin numbering, LEDs, errors
- Logic Sniffer 102 Sample depths, triggers, RLE
- Logic Sniffer 103 More RLE
- Demonstrations and use examples
- Quick start video (Windows screencast)
Logic Analyzer Software
Logic analyzer client software controls the Logic Sniffer hardware and displays the pretty logic graph.
We recommend the multi-platform Java client actively developed by Jawi in the forum.
- OLS client homepage
- You'll need Java
- Support and bug reports
- Releases and requests
- Logic Sniffer 102 documents some features of the client
- Reset issues with Arduino
There are several other clients that support the SUMP protocol and work with the Logic Sniffer. They are in various stages of development.
This is a simple all-in-one solution that will guide you through the update process.
- PIC firmware v3.0
- FPGA bitstream v3.07
The Logic Sniffer is a mature project, there are no known bugs in the firmware or bitstream.
For many, many alternate update utilities and tutorials, please see Various update applications for the Open Logic Sniffer.
In rare cases keyboards may stop working under Windows 7 after an update. This appears to be a Windows 7 problem. Here's a solution.
- Hardware design overview
- Open Bench Logic Sniffer schematic and partlist
- Logic Sniffer hardware downloads
- 16bit buffer wing hardware downloads
- SUMP VHDL overview videos
SUMP FPGA core
v3 Demon core in Verilog
This is the v3 core now in use. There are no known bugs.
v2 original SUMP VHDL core
- PCB art: CC-BY-SA-NC
- Bootloader: GPL (From Diolan)
- Firmware source: GPL (excluding Microchip USB stack)
- Compiled firmware: CC-BY-SA-NC*
- The compiled firmware uses a USB PID licensed from Microchip for our use. It is limited to 10K units, and licensed only for our OLS hardware production, therefore we have to limit use of firmware compiled with these numbers to non-commercial use. You are free to compile the firmware from source without the PID and use it under the terms of the GPL.