Logic Shrimp logic analyzer
|Name:||Logic Shrimp logic analyzer|
|Buy it:||Get one for $34.90 at Seeed Studio|
|Forum:||Logic Shrimp logic analyzer Forum|
A medium speed, low cost logic analyzer with 256K samples and 20MHz top speed:
- 4 channels @ 256K samples per channel
- 5volt tolerant inputs
- 20/12/6/3/2/1MHz capture rates, and lower
- Simple edge change triggers on all channels, adjustable pre/post trigger samples
- SUMP protocol compatible
- USB interface, USB firmware upgradable
- Open source (CC-BY-SA)
Logic Shrimp v1
- Logic Shrimp design overview
- Logic Shrimp 101 introduction
- Logic Shrimp design history and work product, see it come to life
Logic Shrimp v2
- There was another version od Logic Shrimp v2 that used a CPLD. We stoped the development since, but here's the project page.
Logic analyzer software
Logic analyzer client software controls the hardware and displays the pretty logic graph.
The Logic Shrimp speaks the SUMP protocol, including recent meta data additions. It works with any SUMP-compatible client.
Jawi's Logic Sniffer client
We recommend this SUMP client.
Multi-platform Java client. A version of the SUMP client actively developed by Jawi in the forum.
- Alternative Java client homepage
- You'll need Java
- Logic Sniffer 102 documents some features of the client
Other SUMP-compatible clients
The original software for the SUMP core used in the Logic Sniffer is a multi-platform Java application.
There are several other clients that support the SUMP protocol. They are in various stages of development.
- Overview of several SUMP-compatible clients
- Raphihouri’s Windows/.Net client
- LogicAnalyzer (Java/RCP)
- Sigrok (no release yet)
Driver and .inf installation
The virtual serial port (CDC) is an open standard, it should work on any modern operating system.
You don't need a driver, but you will need a .inf file to tell Windows how to use the device. A suitable .inf is included in the project archive.
- Hardware: CC-BY-SA
- Firmware: CC-BY-SA
- Software: CC-0
- Bootloader: GPL