Global Geek Tour India 2012 schedule
There's a growing community of makers and hackers in India. In fact, we have a bunch of community members, readers, and customers from India here at Dangerous Prototypes. Yet while Maker Faires are sweeping the Americas, Asia, Europe, and even the Middle East, India has yet to pop up on the radar. On our Geek Tour of India we'll meet with hobbyists, hackerspaces, manufacturers, and resellers in three cities and show you the electronics scene in the world's second most populous country.
Check out our Google map layer of the tour here, and the new schedule below.
Monday 22 October
- Meet at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Victoria Terminus) (confirmed)
- Manish Market visit (confirmed)
- Lamington Rd electronics market (confirmed)
- Assembly tour?
- PCB factory tour?
Wednesday October 24th
- Meetup and tour Jaaga hackerspace/co-work space in central Bangalore (almost confirmed)
- SP Road shop (confirmed)
- Tenet Technetronics visit (confirmed)
- Visit with local Hacker community, presentation about DP at Center for Internet & Society (confirmed)
Wednesday is a holiday, so it depends on what we can dig up.
Thursday 25 October
- Protocentral tour (confirmed)
- Electronics assembly visits (confirmed)
- HasGeek hackerspace visit (confirmed)
- SP Road wholesale parts market tour (confirmed)
Friday 26 October
- rhydoLABZ factory tour
If you're in the neighborhood please join our Geek Tour. Just drop us a line via the contact form.