Dangerous Prototypes Cadsoft Eagle parts library
Download the Dangerous Prototypes Cadsoft Eagle part library.
It should contain only original footprints created by us. We release our parts into the public domain (CC 0), use it how you like.
Library helper scripts
Download the Eagle part library helper scripts from SVN.
This one will split a library in smaller (ascii) scripts. You need to do the following steps:
- open our library
- file>export>script (this will generate one large script with all the devices in it)
- save it (temporary!!) to the lib_dp_devices/script directory.
- start the lbrdump.ulp script
- open the exported library (from first step)
Any device/package/symbol that isn't already there will be generated. If you got an updated version of a package/device/symbol first remove the corresponding script(s)!!
This one will build a new library (or add our devices to an existing library)
- open a new library (or open an existing)
- run the lbrbuild.ulp script
- point to the generated (or downloaded from the svn) lbrdefaults.scr
- all the packages/device/symbols are added to the new/existing library.
- add license/header to each small scr
- add license to the ulp scripts.
Part library naming conventions
General format is:
if we cant decide the function we just do:
e.g. IC_UC_PIC12F508, IC_MEM_23K256
if does not fit to a specific function e.g. IC_FAN5331
Discrete and Passive Components
CAPACITOR RESISTOR DIODE
Since this is universal, this is only one device with many packages.
This will be group depending whether it is an BJT or FET e.g. TRANSISTOR_FET_[partnumber]
DISP_[type of display, or maybe partnumber]
e.g. DISP_7SEG, DISP_LCD
CON_[type of connector]_[number of pins]
e.g. CON_HEADER_1x02. I named it by "02" this usually the part where it will be incremented usually 2 digits and to make it uniform/aligned.