Bus Pirate v3 bootloader upgrades
Firmware version 4 and higher requires bootloader version 4 or higher. The new v4 bootloader makes space for more features.
Find your bootloader version:
- Verify version with command i in the terminal (type i then press enter)
- Hardware v3b and v3.5 shipped with a v4+ bootloader, don't do anything!
- Hardware v3a and v2go shipped with the v2 bootloader, please see upgrade instructions below
Still not sure?
- Firmware v4.0 or higher means you have a v4+ bootloader, don't do anything!
- Firmware v3.10 or less means you have a v2 bootloader, please see upgrade instructions below
How to upgrade the bootloader over USB:
- Upgrade an old v2 bootloader to v4 (original)
- v2 to v4 upgrade guide in English and Spanish
- Upgrade any v4+ bootloader to v4.3 (original)
Bootloader v4.3 is the version of the v4.3/v4.4 bootloader installed with an upgrader. v4.4 is programmed with a PIC programmer. They are the same.