Bus Pirate Demoboard
The Bus Pirate Demoboard is designed to demonstrate Bus Pirate's capabilities by emulating different devices over various protocols.
|Name:||Bus Pirate Demoboard|
|Buy it:||[ Get one for $XX at Seeed Studio]|
|Forum:||[ Bus Pirate Demoboard Forum]|
We feel that learning by experimentation is the best way to figure stuff out. This demoboard provides safe experimentation for new Bus Pirate users.
There are 4 basic chip types that can be emulated:
- Analog-to-Digital converter reads the AIN pin at 3 different gains. Using the same ADC module it is also possible to read the ambient temperature.
- 5bit Digital-to-Analog converter can output 32 different levels that could be programed, and read by the Bus Pirate.
- 256byte EEPROM is emulated.
- PWM generator with programmable frequency and duty cycle, whose output can be read by the Bus Pirate frequency measurement probe.
All of these modules are programmable over 4 different protocol:
Many real world devices are implemented as per datasheet, so full comparability is assured.
Here is a list of possible ways the Demoboard can be used.
- add all examples here and link them to their respective part of the list page
- Analog to Digital converter over the I2C
- Analog to Digital converter over the SPI
- Analog to Digital converter over the UART
- Digital to Analog converter over the I2C
- Digital to Analog converter over the SPI
- Digital to Analog converter over the UART
- EEPROM converter over the I2C
- EEPROM converter over the SPI
- EEPROM converter over the UART
- PWM converter over the I2C
- PWM converter over the SPI
- PWM converter over the UART
- Hardware: CC-BY-SA
- Software: CC-BY-SA
- Firmware: CC-BY-SA
- Bootloader: GPL