This week we’re giving away free PCBs for an upcoming project, an AVR ATtiny13A-based holiday ornament and card. Later this week it’ll be available at Seeed Studio assembled, and as a kit, both under $20 (shipped). The how-to article should be out on Tuesday or Thursday.
We received and tested these PCBs in the last 24hours. We were expecting regular green PCBs, but got black, which isn’t a very traditional Christmas color… Would you prefer red, green, black, or another color on the final kit?
There’s some urgency with this project – to deliver anywhere close to the Holidays we have to order a number of these up-front, instead of doing a preorder. That’s a bit daunting. If you have a suggestion for quantity, or would just like to buy one, please let us know so we can get a handle on how many to order.
- Yes, we’ll mail it anywhere in the world!
- Be sure to use a real e-mail in the address field so we can contact you for shipping info.
- First come, first serve. Sometimes we have extra PCBs or we can’t contact a commenter. When this happens, we move to the next commenter.
- Limit one PCB per address per month.
- Like everything else on this site, PCBs are offered without warranty.
We try to stagger the free PCB Sunday posts so every time zone has a chance to participate, but the best way to see the post first is to use the RSS feed.