ST 32L100C Discovery kit sample offer

in dev boards by the machinegeek | 25 comments

stm32l100c-disco
Baystray points out another  ST dev board sample offer. Its the 32L100CDISCOVERY Discovery kit featuring the STM32L100RC MCU.

The order page indicates that as of the time of this posting free samples are available!

Via the contact form.

This entry was posted in dev boards and tagged , .

Comments

1. Larissa says:

TI?
    Looks to be ST?

2. Ricardo says:

TI LOL!

3. Drone says:

ST lists the price as $7.90 USD when not Free. Actually it isn’t free, they collect your personal information then bother you for the rest of your life. I’d rather pay the $7.90. I don’t know about the shipping though. Specs:

* STM32L100RCT6 (32MHz) microcontroller featuring 256 KB of Flash memory, 16 KB of RAM in an LQFP64 package

* On-board ST-LINK/V2 with selection mode switch to use the kit as a standalone ST-LINK/V2 (with SWD connector for programming and debugging)

* Board power supply: through USB bus or from an external 5 V supply voltage

* External application power supply: 3 V and 5 V

* Four LEDs:LD1 (red) for 3.3 V power onLD2 (red/green) for USB communicationLD3 (green) for PC9 outputLD4 (blue) for PC8 output

* Two push buttons (user and reset)

* Extension header for all LQFP64 I/Os for quick connection to prototyping board and easy probing

4. Manuel Garbe says:

I alredy got mine :)

5. Sleepwalker3 says:

I don’t suppose the I/O is 5V tolerant?

6. ken says:

They can cancel within 2 days. Probably depends how many people flooded them.

Nice deal for the low power STM32L though if it comes through. I managed to get one order in :-)
    I’m more looking forward to the new STM32F4 Discovery that’s coming out next month, even if it is $24…a lot more powerful w/ more memory…

7. Michal says:

I don’t know about US customers, but for Australia they give this standard response for any sample request:

Hello,
    Thank you for requesting samples from STMicroelectronics. This message is to inform you that we will not be able to process your request.
    The requested samples are available and can be purchased from our distributor(s). To select your preferred distributor, go to http://www.st.com and click on Contact tab.
    Best Regards,
    STMicroelectronics

• Sleepwalker3 says:

I didn’t try earlier, but now when I go on there is no ‘Free samples’ showing, so presumably they had a massive hit and they’ve used up their quota.

• Michal says:

It’s not a matter of stock. I’ve gotten the same result for every item I’ve tried to sample in the past.

• Sleepwalker3 says:

When I looked at first it showed it as ‘Free Samples’ in Red (also in Aus), but I didn’t apply, as I didn’t know if I’d use it and I don’t like to just get samples for the heck of it, best to leave it for somebody that could actually use it. After a quick read, I felt it could be of use, so went to apply and this time it wasn’t showing up as free samples.

8. ken says:

Hmm…got a shipping notice. I guess they aren’t cancelling these after all :-)
    If anyone gets FreeRTOS working on it, please post any changes needed…

9. Rasz says:

WOW their sample order form is bugged AND there is no support whatsoever, no way to contact a human.

I wanted to order Discovery kit, and after adding it to my basket browsed samples a little clicking on different bits a bobs, at the end I removed all chips I didnt want leaving only STM32 and some accelerometers, clicked checkout … and this piece of shit ordered a bunch of mems microphones I looked at one hour ago while removing Discovery kit :)
    Of course there is no EDIT order button, no CANCEL order, nothing.

I put second order with things I want, but now it looks dodgy, 2 orders in a row, one full of random stuff.

10. Rikus says:

Oh bugger!
    Stepped into this one. Applied for free samples, filled in a lot of details and was rewarded for my efforts by a generated email informing me I do not qualify for a free sample. I can now order it from Avnet and the shipping is double the board cost!

11. Heh, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nVk25ZvTkU

Tried to order from my phone last night, couldn’t (their ordering system uses flash? What is this, 2002?). Just checked again this morning and it’s going for 7.90 now. Oh well!

12. Raja Balu says:

Thanks for the heads up. I requested one.

If anyone finds good tutorials of this board please share your findings.

13. ken says:

Got mine, so it wasn’t a fluke :-)

Still looking for an RTOS for it, but it’s too new for any of them to officially support it :-P

14. Bastelfix says:

Hmm, I ordered mine at September 19th and today the order was cancelelled without any notification. I’m sitting in Germany, so is it a local problem?
    Anyone know where to get the board besides ST?
    I just waited two months, then they say:”Yeah, we got it! Sample it!” and now i don’t know where to get it.. grrr

greetings