RoboRoach helps you control a living insect from your smartphone

in robotics by DP | 7 comments

ee00f9bae0c11658e23536cf180ad2ef

The RoboRoach: Control a living insect from your smartphone! by Backyard Brains

This is one of the most incredible kickstarter campaign ever

Control the movements of a live cockroach from your own mobile device! This is the world’s first commercially available cyborg!

Via Open Electronics.

This entry was posted in robotics and tagged , .

Comments

1. sfsdf says:

That’s a bit sick!

2. Chuckt says:

Where would you go to buy a cockroach?

This is a bit sick because it could be used on other animals or even people and then we would have to call someone ‘Hitler’.

3. Manuel Garbe says:

The most incredible kickstarter campaign ever?
    It is a bit disgusting

4. Hessel says:

The BT 4.0 low power smartlink PCB looks link a good starting point for this project. It also has the sensor hardware for feed back.

5. borg0 says:

one word: bastards…

what is the differennce using a mammar? a cat for example?
    I don’t like cockroaches but it doesn’t mean i’m willing to control them with invasive techniques (or not invasive).

I wish the creator of the campagin would suffer the same kind of control to experience if he likes or not.

I think a better campaign would be controlling a human… and if the person refuses it no problem he can be controlled to agree.. he.

Resistence is futile…

6. Philip says:

Oh come on! I really think they shouldn’t do that to living things – they are saying roaches wont feel pain (anesthesia of some sort) but after playing with them they wont be able to go back to thier normal roach life.

Ide say leave the roaches alone and try to find other things to do.

7. TuxBorg says:

All you posters here did not read the article. Am I right or am I right?