Categories

Test rig pickup

Posted on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 in #liveupdates, Global Geek by Ian

image

Picked up a generic test rig in Shenzhen to refine and standardize project production testing.

Cost was 500 rmb or about 80 bucks. Build to our custom specs and ready overnight.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 at 5:39 am and is filed under #liveupdates, Global Geek. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

10 Responses to “Test rig pickup”

1. Louis says:

That’s awesome! In the US that would be sold for 10-100 times the cost, and take weeks to deliver. I’d be interested in a blog post on how you use it if you are up for sharing later.

2. David says:

Yup, in the U.S. if you’re lucky a custom jig like that would cost you at least many hundreds of dollars and taken at least a week plus shipping time. But then again, in the U.S. there’s no demand for stuff like this anymore – there are very few people left in the U.S. that manufacture things… Sad.

3. serjio says:

what’s that? what is it designed for?

4. Ian says:

Technically he would have customized it for a PCB and included pins at same price but I am going for a generic tool to play with.

• Giovanni says:

Hi Ian,
      regarding this Test rig, could you share with us the name of the manufacture in Shenzhen?
      We need to order some similar test rig for one of our products.
      Many thanks in advance.

• Ian says:

Its from my test rig guy Alex. He also made a giant machine for us. If you send me an email to remind me, I’ll try to get you a business card the next time I’m in SEG building.

5. Nick Johnson says:

That’s astonishing! I’m going to need some test rigs soon – is there any way those of us outside China can get something like this shipped?

6. I wonder if it would be a good idea to just put in a bunch, say 50 pcs, of pogopins in a grid and break all of them out to a cross-connect at the front. And then always use some of those pogopin-coordinates for test & programming pads on all pcb you make. That would make the jig truly universal for all DP boards.

7. Sleepwalker3 says:

Yeah, would be good to get the details of the supplier and any details about what they will do.