ElectroDroid electronic’s calc app

in Android, software, tools by the machinegeek | 12 comments

electrodroid
Mats Engstrom writes that he’s had positive experience with the ElectroDroid app. He’s had it installed in his phone for some time now finds it useful. “In addition to a lot of pinouts and lists of nice-to-have info the app also has calculators for Ohm’s law, capacitor charge timings, battery life time, voltage dividers, 555 frequency, LM317 voltage, finding the right resistors to put in series/parallel to get a specific value, and a lot of others. I highly recommend testing the free version which is basically the same as the paid PRO version ($2.49) but with displayed ads.”

Via the contact form.

This entry was posted in Android, software, tools and tagged , .

Comments

1. Adam says:

I too recommend this app. I use it much more than I thought that I was going to. The pinouts have saved me a lot of time.

Adam

2. I’m thinking of getting one of those cheap-ass ($70 ?) Android tablets and have it dedicated for my lab bench to use as a pdf reader and also for running this app.

3. Sleepwalker3 says:

I don’t suppose they have a Windows version?

4. Sleepwalker3 says:

Sorry, I meant Windows as in XP,Vista,Win7 on a laptop or desktop, didn’t even think of Windows Phone, it’s not exactly flooding the market!

5. Zaid Pirwani says:

how many times have I been saved by that app…

This one app sometimes justifies my buying of the android tablet that I have.

6. TonyD says:

I use it on my Android tablet and found it to be very useful app to have.

7. ken says:

Awesome app indeed…thought you guys knew about it.
    Useful if nothing for just the resistor code lookup where you put in colors and it tells you what the resistor is…

8. Jim says:

I have been using the free version for some time and used the pin out section most. I just started a new job and all the basic stuff becomes useful now. I’m now working with PICs, OP Amps and lots of linear stuff I’m rusty at. This app is like having an Engineering Reference on steroids on your phone, Running on a OLD Droid X.. Still kickin! FANTASTIC APP…….Just bought the PRO version.

9. sanjay says: