3D Model: Bus Pirate and breadboard holder

in 3D Model by Filip | 10 comments

HolderBoard-600

Today’s model is a Bus Pirate and breadboard holder we designed for a kit we are prototyping. The holder board was designed in Sketchup and the design SVG files were sent for laser cutting. Free PCB to the first one to guess what IC is in the breadboard.

Check out our tutorial on how to build 3D models from Cadsoft Eagle board files, as well as the tutorial on how to render life like images with Kerkythea.

The models will be published in the Dangerous Prototypes 3D warehouse collection.

This entry was posted in 3D Model and tagged , , .

Comments

1. Wow, that is cool, really, cool!

2. Phalox says:

555 timer?

Looks neat!

3. Phalox says:

On second thought, a microcontroller would make more sense. My favourite 8pin: 12F1822

4. eykop says:

This would be way better than my cardboard box, Scotch tape, and BPV3 bench programmer setup for loading small runs of SPI ROMs at work!

5. Filip says:

Small hint, pin1 of the DIP8 chip is 20/a,b,c,d,e on the breadboard…

6. Sleepwalker3 says:

I’m guessing and E2PROM (or EEPROM if you like to call it that).

• Jussi says:

Yup, pinout matches a 24 series I2C EEPROM with internal pullups/downs for address bits and WP, like CAT24C256.

• Filip says:

Yup you(Sleepwalker3) win, more specifically it was modeled after the 24lc128 I2C EEPROM and it’s family… expect too be contacted with the code

7. Sleepwalker3 says:

Whoo Hooo! Thanks to DP, Ian, Filip, Lynn and all the rest of the crew for this prestigous trophy – lol ;) DP is such a great site. It was very late here and I couldn’t think of the 24L numbers off my head or I would have got it a bit closer :D Good tries for those that gave it a crack. But now just one problem – which board do I pick?!!! So many great DP boards. Thanks guys. Next contest – Which board will I pick? ;)
    Really, thanks guys.