ICDBNavigator Electronic parts organizer

in compilers, tools by DP | 14 comments

Here’s an open source graphical electronic parts organizer written by WallaceIT, that is available at github.

I’d like to share with you a graphical electronic parts organizer written by me in PHP/HTML/Javascript: it’s completely open source (MIT license) and hosted on github.

Via the contact form.

This entry was posted in compilers, tools and tagged , .

Comments

1. Simone says:

I have this message error during setup:

Fatal error: Call to a member function prepare() on a non-object in ****/****/setup.php on line 146

I have PHP 5.3 in my site hosting (ALTERVISTA).

Thanks, Simone

2. FourthDr says:

How about a stand alone app written in C++? That works on Win/Mac/Linux?

3. WallaceIT says:

@Simone: you need a working SQLite/MySQL database to setup ICDBN. The error probably means that setup.php doesn’t find that DB (if you selected “SQLite”, note that your PHP environment must support sqlite databases; if you selected “MySQL” the destination table must already exist. When I’ll find some spare time I’ll try to improve the setup script to identify these issues).
    If you can, post issues directly on GitHub so I can track them better :).

@FourthDr: I’m thinking about a port to Python – I don’t know nothing about C++ – but only thinking for now.

4. Simone says:

Hi WallaceIT!
    I have a working MySQL database and I’ve filled all the field of the form in MySQL option.

Hostname: LOCALHOST (according ALTERVISTA service)
    Database name: my_elettroeasy (according ALTERVISTA)
    Username: elettroeasy (according ALTERVISTA)
    Password: empty/my password

I’m not a magician of PHP but i have some experience with it. So, I’ve change some code in files without success.

I will post this problem on GitHub.

However, great work! ;)

5. DrJeseuss says:

WallaceIT, great work! I’ve installed this without issue and using MySql. I downloaded and installed yesterday before you made your latest changes, but didn’t have any issue. I am however having trouble with a few of the pages, I’ll post to GitHub.

I had a few thoughts maybe you’d consider along the way… Have you thought about adding subcategories? For example, I might have Sensors > Temperature, Sensors > Pressure, etc. Or Active and Passive Categories, with various subcategories below them. Also, many parts, particularly microcontrollers, tend to have one datasheet to cover several part models. An example is the PIC32MX5xx/6xx/7xx datasheet. With AppNotes you have a way of linking an existing pdf. Maybe you could also add this option for the datasheets allowing several different parts to have a single datasheet linked.

Above all, and as said, great work and thanks for sharing it with the community!

• WallaceIT says:

To simplify things, datasheets are using the owning part’s name, so at the moment is impossible to link an existing datasheet to another part..but I’ll try to find a way.

Subcategories was on my TODO list, but I’ve never seriously tried to work on them. Maybe now it’s time!
      Thanks

WallaceIT

6. Simone says:

Nice work WallaceIT!! Now I’ve installed without errors ;)

7. FourthDr says:

@fcobcn: I find internet based apps unreliable because it never fails that right when I need something on the net the site goes down, or the cloud fouls up or my ISP disconnects at the most inconvenient time (right when I working on something). But I’ll have a look at partkeepr.

@Anatole: That looks interesting. But you might want to upload precompiled version to github also. I think component-organizer has potential. Maybe @WallaceIT and the author can work together?

@WallaceIT: A py version would be create! I look forward to it! And maybe it would also work on the raspberry Pi as @fcobcn suggested? ;-) Keep up the great work everyone! I see a bright future…..

8. Rodrigo says:

Great! I’m using it now on my Qnap TS-112.

Suggests:
    - Option: delete category, manufacturer.
    - Style cut CI pins when show qfp44
    - When show summary, expand this box until the end of page.

Anyway, thank you for sharing this.

9. Hadi says:

it’s a perfect tool

I change it a bit and added some useful features to it :)