Eagle Parts: 74141 nixie tube driver IC

in Eagle parts by DP | 11 comments

We added the 74141 BCD-to-Decade decoder, nixie tube driver to our Eagle parts library. This device makes it easy to control nixie tubes by sending binary codes to light up a specific number. This part went into our nixie thing for Maker Faire, the PCBs should be in this week some time.

This entry was posted in Eagle parts and tagged , , .

Comments

1. Wayne says:

Considering nixie tubes went out of vogue in the early 1970′s where would you source them? 7-Segment LED displays were common on the newer pocket calculators in 1974 and nixies were relagated to desktop units.but concidered old technoogy then! A nostalgia project could be fun with a Steampunk twist if nixies were available!

Tell us where to find them!

-Wayne

2. Andreas says:

ebay? loads of them there… both tubes and 74141′s (or the russian equivalent K155ID1)

3. Kevin says:

Is there a SMD equivelant to the 74141?
    I thought they were less reliable than the nixies?

4. ian says:

There’s loads of them streaming in from former soviet block countries. I’ve never had many problems with the kd155s made for USSR military in the 80s. Some of he old ones will pop on static frequently though. Can be quite a shock if you are only used to modern static resilient chips. Lol…

5. ian says:

Also… probably none of these ever made in smd. I have only seen dip.

6. Kevin says:

Thanks for the replies! I’ll probably use my own SMD solution :)

7. Harry says:

Does the KD155 have the same pin out as the 74141?

8. Ian says:

As far as I know they are exactly the same.

9. roberto says:

How I can download 74141 part for use it in eagle library?