Workshop Update for July 13th, 2012

Posted on Friday, July 13th, 2012 in Workshop Update by DP

We played with the site theme a bit. There’s a temporary theme on the wiki right now. We sent a few projects out for a quote, including an acrylic case for the ATX power supply. WordPress, plugin, and server updates went smoothly today.

In hardware design we fixed the little spelling mistake on the Part Ninja board, it’s committed to SVN under v1d. We made a new Eagle wiki on assigning shortcut keys, and made a new part for our library,  a small 3mmx6mm SMD button.

The secret project firmware is completely documented now, and is ready for some alpha testing. We also expanded the blog schedule wiki, to better describe various feature posts we do on the blog.



This entry was posted on Friday, July 13th, 2012 at 11:00 pm and is filed under Workshop Update. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

8 Responses to “Workshop Update for July 13th, 2012”

  1. Trev says:

    Arghhh – now nearly 40% of the page is wasted!

  2. Ian says:

    Thanks guys. I’ll pull the theme override today.

  3. Sven says:

    40% wasted?
    The Pagewidth is now +100px and both Sidebars (left,right) are moved to the right Side to give back the wasted 400px ;) This gives 600px | 400px Space for Content and not 600px only!

    @magetoo wich browser and whats your Screenwidth ? Ive tested it in IE9/Firefox/Chrome cant reproduce.

    • magetoo says:

      The issue is that I always keep browser windows in portrait orientation (like a printed page of text would be). I am sure it looks fine if you have a wide display and maximise windows.

      That is not something you can assume everyone will do, though. And did we not stop coding for specific resolutions once the nineties were over? It is just poor design, IMHO.

      • Sven says:

        The final becomes fluid widths but this is an Override only atm. And yeah the 90’s are over and 800×600/1024×768 Screenres too :D

      • magetoo says:

        Cool, looking forward to the final design. At least you can do all this tweaking in stylesheets nowadays..

Leave a Reply

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Recent Comments

  • Geert Jordaens: I'm not sure what kind of licensing I have to add since it is a fairly straight forward implementation of the adaptive Huffman Decoding. For...
  • erich: For anyone interested, I've added some c++ code for adaptive huffman decoding in the git repository.
  • Sjaak: I would add some more protection in the used trigger file (on the serverpilot site) then not using a standard name :) hopefully they use...
  • Pete Castagna: My friend Charlie who worked in synthesizers at a DOD type of place made a modification to this avalanche pulse generator that allowed him to...
  • Sam Catchpole: Yes please :D