Workshop Update for July 11th, 2012

in Workshop Update by DP | 7 comments

We sketched a power up test helper to protect new circuits from going poof if there is a short, or other problem. We prepared for tomorrow’s workshop video, and we are preparing a Mouser order of standoffs in various sizes. We also scanned a few new PCBs for the free PCB drawer.

We checked mispelled labels on all our current projects, the “Fulfillment” were spelled wrong on ATX Breakout Board v1.1.  On further checking the Part Ninja got it spelled wrong too. We fixed the secret project miss-routed pins, and made some changes to the PCB of an ongoing project.

We continued working on the secret project firmware. Today we cleaned up legacy code we used at the start, and started commenting/documenting the code for an upcoming release.

This entry was posted in Workshop Update and tagged , , , .

Comments

1. Kawa says:

Seems like Eagle needs a spell checker :)))
    At least when get mine I’ll hold on to it, since it will be a limited series with a minor error, that makes it rare and it will worth something after many years, like post stamps :)

2. Oliver says:

I think when I reported routing issues on the original post, I triggered Ian in the spelling mistake. What I was actually reporting though, is that I found that the traces where awfully close to each-other and/or awfully close to some pins.

• Filip says:

while the traces are very close, they do pass the DRC, so the board is probably fine, but we’ll make more of a clearance for the next revision. Thanks..

3. bzorg says:

“fulfilement” will become a must have

4. Steve Sousa says:

Am i the only one bothered by the 3.3v led not being centered (like the others) ? i.e. swap D2-R2

• Filip says:

Your message was forwarded to hardware design, it should be fixed in the next revision, but not in the batch that is coming.. Thanks

• Ian says:

Hi Steve,

I’m sorry about the non-centered LED. I think it is already fixed in SVN, it was a silk issue of misplaced labels. It’ll be corrected soon.