MegunoLink tools talk to serial port devices
MegunoLink is a utility to create a communication link between PCs and serial port devices such as the Arduino.
This entry was posted in software, tutorials and tagged Arduino, serial, software, tutorial.
… useful tools that interact with an Arduino-style board (or other MCU with serial data). The software is called MegunoLink, from BlueLeafSoftware in New Zealand. Megunolink has many useful features, and we’ll run through them briefly in this article. They include:
- Serial port monitoring – that doesn’t reset the MCU
- The ability to capture serial port data to a text file
- A tool to graph formatted data sent from the Arduino in real time
- “George” the serial monkey! (see below)
- Enable building Arduino projects using ATMEL AVRstudio
- And Megunolink can also act as a graphical interface for AVRdude to upload compiled code to an Arduino