Workshop Update for May 30th, 2012

in Workshop Update by DP | 8 comments

Today we submitted one talk and two poster proposals to the Open Hardware Summit. We’ll post those, including an idea we didn’t submit, tomorrow.

A big box of PCBs from Seeed Studio’s Fusion PCB service came while we were away, today we grabbed them at the post office.

We continue to develop the Part Ninja firmware. Some errors with resistance calculations were fixed today. We’re also developing a desktop app with the cross-platform Processing environment to help debug the hardware and identify parts.

An issue with the FTDI’s FT230X SSOP-16 footprint was fixed, thanks to WestfW for noticing it.

There’s a new workshop video tomorrow. We’ve got three ideas: part storage, customer service, and a video version of the Get yer stuffs made presentation. Please let us know if you have a preference in the comments.

This entry was posted in Workshop Update and tagged , , , .

Comments

1. scienkoptic says:

I guess the answer to this question may be obvious, but will there be a seeed version of the part ninja or will it be twitter/comment/facebook free board item that I never seem to catch at the right time?

Also, I really dig the Superprobe. I could use one. Is there any way I can get my hands on a bare board?

• Ian says:

The goal is to finish it up and get it available at Seeed, but it will still be a few months minimum.

I’m sorry, I don’t think I have any superprobe PCBs. You can always send the gerbers off and have your own boards made, files are in SVN.

2. Spanner888 says:

My preference is for “video version of the Get yer stuffs made presentation” :)

3. Destate9 says:

schematic?

4. ginpb says:

What’s inside the big box of PCBs?? (pcbs is not a good answer) :D

5. Glaisin says:

I see I’m not the only one who uses telco boxes to break out components with leads – cheap and easily modded!