Bay Area Maker Faire May 19th & 20th, taco crawl, free tickets

in Maker Faire by DP | 11 comments

We’ll be at the Bay Area Maker Faire on the 19th, and 20th of May this year. This is the big one and it’s a ton of fun. If you’re there please drop by and say hi. On the blog we’ll have our usual Maker Faire coverage and a Maker Faire how-to video.

Make gave us two free tickets for friends, we’re going to give them away in this post. Please leave a comment on this post about what you look forward to seeing, and we’ll give the tickets away on Thursday.

If you’re in San Francisco early please join us for the Dangerous taco crawl from Noise Bridge hacker space through the Mission District on Thursday the 17th. We’ll meet at Noise Bridge on the corner of 16th and Mission Street at about 6pm. Chris Gammel from Amp Hour will be joining us this year, if you can make it please give us a shout via the contact form.

Last year we presented as part of Seeed Studio’s booth, but this year we’re on our own. We could really use some help manning the booth for a few hours over the weekend. If you’re interested please let us know, there are free tickets available for presenters.

Check out our previous Maker Faire coverages.

This entry was posted in Maker Faire and tagged , .

Comments

1. jm says:

I’m in the bay area and have never been to a Maker Faire. I’d love to go :-)

2. Andy says:

I will be flying in from Minnesota to visit my brother and will be making every effort to make it to the Maker Faire. Free tickets would be a good incentive!

3. I’ll be there looking forward to meeting the DP crew, and if you need help on the booth let me know would be glad to help if needed!

4. royco says:

I’ll be there too. first time to attend. Looking forward to see the DP crew.

5. Ryan says:

I’m planning to join you on the taco crawl if I can make it down from Berkeley in time.

6. Jeff says:

I love Makerfaire and Dangerous Prototypes – especially Free PCB Sundays! Sadly, I’ve never won a free PCB. This year, I’m planning to bring my kids to Makerfaire to inspire them. A couple of free tickets would really make our day!

7. Joan McCoy says:

We live in Bakersfield, CA and had never even heard of the Maker Faire until the other day when my son, a UCB researcher living in Madrid, flew in for mother’s day. That Saturday happens to be my birthday and he said his gift to me would be a week-end in San Francisco to attend the Maker Faire which he knows I will love. Since he is a starving student, two free tickets would certainly be an added bonus.

8. Ranjana says:

Looking forward to attend it for the first time with family. Free tickets would definitely help.

9. valerie soe says:

I’m a knitter and my older girl makes duct tape purses and wallets, so we’d love to go to the Faire. Hoping to be the lucky winner!

10. Jeannette says:

as a knitter and tinkerer I would love free tickets!!

11. dave says:

Really hope to go check out the Dangerous Prototypes booth…. A free pair of tix would make my day!