GSM/GPRS & GPS modem with SIM900/SIM908 module

in dev boards, RF by the machinegeek | 9 comments

Boris suggests we look at this GSM/GPRS and GSM modem.

A modem GSM & GPRS with SIM900 or SIM908 module. Allows you to create data connections on the GSM network through a standard USB interface. The cellular modems, particularly USB-stick ones, are now at very affordable prices, however they’re limited: they are explicitly designed for Internet connections, so you cannot use it as a normal modem and so implement, for example, a point to point data communications with them. The GSM modems that allow this are quite rare, and so we create and offer you one: it is a device for PC with an USB interface with “voice” functions: there is a jack for a speaker and one for microphone.

You can find the schematic, BOM and other details at the open-electronics.org website.
Via the contact form.

This entry was posted in dev boards, RF and tagged , , .

Comments

1. Selim13 says:

I’ve just recently played with SIM908C board. My biggest advice – buy active GPS antenna with a long wire, it can be tricky to fix on satellites, when you are not outside the house. For GSM antenna even piece of copper wire works good.

Not sure, if it is permited to post such links here, but here is my test board:
    Eagle files:

And photo (the bottom one):

Use at your own risk =)

2. hector says:

Thanks for putting your SIM files 908.

I would like to know which version of the eagle have?
    I have a 5.11 and did not open. Thank you.

I would like to help me.

Eagle files: http://selim13.su/files/sim908c.zip

3. yogeesh says:

awesome !
    But I’m looking for the eagle files for sim900 exactly like the 1 which you have posted for sim908c.
    As ‘m linking it to arduino uno rev3 board.
    I use eagle software.

Thanks in advance :)

4. Ali says:

HI
    this is Ali , we need to develop new tracking project based on using the sim908 module , we had a tracking device currently based on using the centurion Tc65i and an interface for web monitoring.
    we have a request to do a new tracking device ( cheap one ) and we need your help in reviewing the hard ware design and develop a new s/w that could run on our system.
    you can have a look at http://www.hemayatrack.com and use a user name ( ali1 ) pass word ( 1234) to see the current system.
    if u can help in this project please contact me we can do good business together

5. Gustavo Erlam says:

Hi there.
    I’m trying to control the SIM908 module with the PIC16F84A, it is possible or wich one do you recommend to me.
    also what is the best antenna and where can I buy it?
    do you have some link ?

Regards and thanks for your answers…
    Gustavo

6. benzonSunday says:

Good day, i have sim908c and i want to know if i can solder a 6pin sim card holder directly on the bottom of the sim908c board. Thank you.

7. Som says:

Hello,

Please let me know how can i connect(PIN NUMBER) GPS RX and TX with GSM so that through GSM(SIM900) only GPS data can be accessed.

We can do this in all other GSM eg in Telit by connection TXD_AUX and RXD_AUX with TXD and RXD of any GPS.

please suggest me if it possible in SIM900 also.

Thanks for you help and support!