New 8bit PIC microcontrollers with some interesting peripherals
Microchip just released a new series of PIC16F 8bit mid-range microcontrollers, the PIC16F178X. They come in 28 and 40 pin package versions with 14 KB of flash, running at 8 MIPS. We find some of new peripherals very interesting.
- Programmable Switch Mode Controller with a 16nS (64 MHz) resolution
- 8bit Digital-to-Analog converter with internal connections to comparators
- Fast integrated comparators with a 50nS response time
- Integrated op amps with internal connections to DAC and Fixed Voltage Reference
- Every pin has interrupt on change