PROTOTYPE PREVIEW: New protoboard under way
Don’t you hate it? A big bag of SMT parts arrive from Mouser, DigiKey or eBay, but your carefully manufactured PCBs are still under way? Or the firmware needs to be done ASAP? Or you got this super cool USB SOIC uC you’d love to try out and you can’t wait? We run into this all the time, which is why we love to design protoboards.
This new SOIC protoboard is based on our in-house version, beefed up with a few improvements. This board has room for:
- A max 32 pin SOIC chip
- Each pin is broken out to prototype area and can be easily connected through a resistor or capacitor (0805 or 0603) to Vcc or GND
- Each pin also has a through-hole via to easily solder wires
- 2 standard 4×4 buttons
- PTH or SMT HC49 crystal, with capacitors
- USB connector, with all pins broken out
- Regulated power from USB through a SOT23-5 or SOT223 LDO voltage regulator (both fixed and adjustable version supported)
- Room for a 1206 polyfuse to prevent excessive currents and shorts
- Small 0805/0603 playground
Pins 1-16 and 17-32 are broken out like this. The power supplies are around the edges and the pins of the SOIC are in the middle. The V++ and GND are connected to the voltage regulator.
The 0805/0603 playground. Here you can add some 0805 or 0603 components and mix them together to add some RC circuit or transistors for all your microcontrollers needs.
These board be soon available at Seeed Studio. We have two boards to give out this week and we’ll give them to the two most original comments. It doesn’t matter what you do with these, but the originality of the comment is all that counts!This entry was posted in dev boards, Prototypes and tagged giveaway, protoboard, USB.