App note: High-Speed PWM module on PIC24E and dsPIC33E
This module is a advanced version of the standard ECCP pulse-width modulator on PIC microcontrollers. It’s designed mainly for power conversion and electric motor control. The feature list is impressive:
- Up to seven PWM generators, each with an individual time base.
- Two PWM outputs per PWM generator.
- Individual period and duty cycle for each PWM output.
- Duty cycle, dead time, phase shift and frequency resolution equal to the system clock source (TOSC).
- Independent fault and current-limit inputs for up to 14 PWM outputs.
- Redundant Output mode.
- Independent Output mode (this feature is not available on all devices).
- Push-Pull Output mode.
- Complementary Output mode.
- Center-Aligned PWM mode.
- Output override control.
- Special Event Trigger.
- PWM capture feature.
- Prescaler for input clock.
- ADC triggering with PWM.
- Independent PWM frequency, duty cycle and phase shift changes.
- Leading-Edge Blanking (LEB) functionality.
- Dead time compensation.
- Output clock chopping.
The resolution of this module is just 7.14nS, which means it can output a PWM signal at 500KHz with a resolution of 8bits.This entry was posted in Uncategorized.