ITEAD PCB prototyping service upgraded again

in PCBs by DP | 7 comments

ITEAD has some upgrades on their PCB prototyping services:

• All PCBs are now 100% e-tested free of charge
  • There is a new standard dimension, 5cmX10cm
  • The thickness of the Color PCB boards can now be selected from 0.8mm to 1.6mm
  • If you chose the lead free HASL option, and have large quantities made, you can get the ROHS compliance certificate files.

Via the contact form.

This entry was posted in PCBs and tagged , .

Comments

1. GinPB says:

Seedstudio should add a new standard dimension like that, or why just not make pay for cm^2?. However I think that 5×10 is better, more common for hobbyist projects that 5×5.

• Nexus says:

The boards end up in a large panel for manufacturing, fixed sizes allow them to maximize the efficiency

• JTR says:

+1 for seeed adding that size or something around it too. Whatever is most workable…

I understand that the board sizes need to be a certain quantum and there is a responsibility on all of us to ensure maximum yield from a panel. Not just for economic reasons. There are some pretty nasty chemicals used in production and wastage needs to be minimal, accounted for and justified. This is the real concern of me when getting PCBs made in countries where such things are not of a high priority. I know, I have seen for myself what goes on over there… generally speaking, cannot say how idead and seeed handle such issues but it would be good to know…

• jone says:

fwiw, Seeed already have a 5×10 option, ITead used to jump from 5×5 to 10×10

2. Frank says:

Can somebody explain in what situation would I require a “ROHS compliance certificate file”?

3. piotr1600 says:

If you’re exporting product for sale to Europe, it has to meet RoHS.

4. Jan says:

One thing that Itead has and Seeed doesn’t is black PCB color option, maybe someone would prefer that.