Open 7400 competition winners

in 7400 contest by Ian | 31 comments

Thank you participating in the Open 7400 Competition. All the entries were amazing, check out the full list here.

Four judges, Dave Jones from EEV Blog, Jayson Tautic CEO of TAUTIC ELECTRONICS LLC, Marc Alexander from Freetronics, and Dino Segovis from Hack A Week, and Ian from Dangerous Prototypes each made a top ten list. The projects with the most votes were awarded prizes.

Winners will receive prize information by email in the next 48 hours. We want everyone to get a prize they can use and enjoy, so you can pick your own prizes through the free PCB store. First place winners will pick first, followed by second, then third. Remaining prizes will go to anyone who entered the contest.

With unanimous consent of all judges, and also the reader’s choice winner, 7400 Capacitive Touch Array (Capacitive touch sensing the hard way) wins the grand prize of $100 and first pick of the prizes.

Also a top ten of all judges, the 7400-based Capacitance Meter wins first place and next pick from the prizes.

Nine entries took second place with votes from 2 judges. These winners get next pick from the prizes.

22 entries placed third with the vote of at least 1 judge. They get to pick a prize too.

Thanks again for entering, we hope to see you again next year! Thanks to the sponsors, our judges, Dave Jones, Jayson Tautic, Marc Alexander, and Dino Segovis, Sven for the contest artwork, and the creative mind behind the 7400 Contest SQKYbeaver.We’ll send details to the winners by email. To ensure fairness the store will open to all 2nd place and 3rd place winners at the same time, and you will get some advance notice.

This entry was posted in 7400 contest and tagged , .

Comments

1. Ian says:

Well, it’s still the first somewhere :)

2. Jonathan Thomson says:

Woo hoo! A big thanks to Ian and everyone else that helped make this happen!

3. Alvaro says:

Thanks all of the contestants, sponsors and jury for the contest! It was very very exciting to participate.

On a funny side note, I wonder why capacitances won a digital contest :P

Álvaro

4. Ajoy Raman says:

Fun to have participated ! My TV Pattern Gen was probably the only entry which used the astable, monostable and opamp functions of the CMOS series. I thought it was worth an Honorable mention.

5. Daniel says:

Thank you to the judges for placing me in the 2nd Place category with my Etch-A-Sketch toy. There were many, many worthy adversaries, making it a fun and challenging contest. I admire all who entered for their energy and creativity, especially the 1st place winners!

Now, that being said- how does this prize thing work? I’m not sure what to do.

(More than a few of them would make some nifty Christmas gifts for another hobbyist I have in mind, so I would like to stay on top of this!)

6. Daniel says:

Oh, never mind… reading comprehension was never my strong suit… :P

7. embeddederic says:

Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks Dangerous Prototypes & Sponsors and thanks to all the Judges!

8. Bertho says:

Thank you for the Grand Prize. Good to see many creative minds at work.

Looking forward to the next challenge.

9. Shaos says:

OK, next time I will spend more energy on documentation ;)

10. Arthur Benemann says:

Congratulations for everyone involved in the project. It was a great way of generating a lot of projects that didn’t use micros. Nowadays almost don’t this of using anything but a micro to do something, but when I was starting electronics I was eager for projects using discrete ICs. This list of projects would encourage from beginners to experienced to get their hands dirty.

11. ChrisW says:

Thank you for holding this contest! I started a tad late (October 7), but I got something in and learnt a lot getting it in (mostly that prototyping on breadboards is far from ideal… and that my 3 year old jumper cables don’t make good connections any more).

That said, congrats to everyone and I really enjoyed seeing everyones projects and documentation.

12. I would also like to thank everybody involved. Thank you Ian and Dangerous Prototypes for organizing this event. Thank you also to all of the sponsors who are giving back to the community–not only with the prizes that they offer, but with their part in motivating folks to make these projects and spread the ideas and inspiration contained in them. Of course, thank you to the participants too, without whom this wouldn’t have really been much. I had a blast with this whole thing, and appreciated the excuse to spend some time to do something that I enjoy. Thanks everyone!!!

13. My project (Telephone Intercom From TTL) in second place :) , Thank you Judge
    Very interesting contest…

14. Bob says:

Computer! What’s the current stardate?

15. voidptr says:

congrats to all the winners! :-)
    and to all others too :o)

even if i’m NOT one of those “winners” :oP
    next time i might have time to develop something
    instead of showing off my silly, but so useful, bunch of unbounced swithes :oP
    :o)

16. the prizes has come, thanks….

17. Miguel says:

When the competition will start again?