Open 7400 competition winners
Four judges, Dave Jones from EEV Blog, Jayson Tautic CEO of TAUTIC ELECTRONICS LLC, Marc Alexander from Freetronics, and Dino Segovis from Hack A Week, and Ian from Dangerous Prototypes each made a top ten list. The projects with the most votes were awarded prizes.
Winners will receive prize information by email in the next 48 hours. We want everyone to get a prize they can use and enjoy, so you can pick your own prizes through the free PCB store. First place winners will pick first, followed by second, then third. Remaining prizes will go to anyone who entered the contest.
With unanimous consent of all judges, and also the reader’s choice winner, 7400 Capacitive Touch Array (Capacitive touch sensing the hard way) wins the grand prize of $100 and first pick of the prizes.
Also a top ten of all judges, the 7400-based Capacitance Meter wins first place and next pick from the prizes.
Nine entries took second place with votes from 2 judges. These winners get next pick from the prizes.
- Telephone Intercom From TTL
- 7400 Based Full Wave Rectifier
- Lazarus 64 (Retro game system, graphics gen)
- Masochist’s Video Card
- Lights Out, Turing Style
- Illogical Dickson Doubler
- 7400 Series Drum Machine (Four-channel, sixteen-step percussion synthesizer/sequencer)
- Electronic Realization of Etch-A-Sketch Toy with 32-Page Flip-Pad
22 entries placed third with the vote of at least 1 judge. They get to pick a prize too.
- Nixie Tube Clock
- Pure TTL Clock (5 digit 7 seg display)
- Discrete Servo Driver
- Discrete logic POV Clock
- Animated LED Christmas sign
- SPI LCD Backpack
- TTL Tilt Sensor
- 7400 Logic E-reader
- Discrete logic amplifier
- Police Lights and Siren (shown for Toy Car)
- AM Radio
- TTL based range finder (with 3 digit 7 seg display)
- Accelerometer Controlled Racing Game
- TEC Temperature controller (Peltier)
- CD4007-Based Voice Changer
- Game of Life with CMOS logic
- 7400 Drum Machine
- Homemade 7400, better than Logical 7400
- Horologium Romanum (Roman Numeral Clock)
- Bin Night Reminder
- 80M Direct Conversion Receiver
- 7400 Series Logic PLL Based Switch-Mode PSU
Thanks again for entering, we hope to see you again next year! Thanks to the sponsors, our judges, Dave Jones, Jayson Tautic, Marc Alexander, and Dino Segovis, Sven for the contest artwork, and the creative mind behind the 7400 Contest SQKYbeaver.We’ll send details to the winners by email. To ensure fairness the store will open to all 2nd place and 3rd place winners at the same time, and you will get some advance notice.This entry was posted in 7400 contest and tagged 7400 competition, winners.