A guide to Seeed Studio’s Fusion PCB service

in how-to, PCBs by DP | 10 comments

Luca wrote a step-by-step guide to Seeed Studio’s Fusion PCB service. It covers how to export files from Eagle and get your PCB built. It’s available both in English and Italian.

We like Fusion PCB service, it’s cheap and pretty fast. It starts at $10 for 10 PCBs ($1 per board), plus a few bucks of shipping. We’re biased though, so take our recommendation with a grain of salt.

Via the contact form.

This entry was posted in how-to, PCBs and tagged , .

Comments

1. Brian says:

One item of note on Seeed’s shipments is the customs form I get always lies which bothers me. I wonder if this happens to anyone else?

For instance this time it was valued at 6 dollars and a gift and also didn’t say PCBs when I paid 80 dollars for just PCBs…

• Sjaak says:

every online shop tells lies to the customs so it is prolly accepted.

Adding drc errors can be acceptable, except in the copper layers. Most (seeed included) accept errors in the silkscreen and fix them in the manufacturing process.

2. Royco says:

One thing I like about Seeed’s PCB service is that you could bunch together designs with similar sizes. Say if you order 50pcs of 50×10 you could send in 3 PCB designs and break them up as 20pcs design 1 , 20pcs design 2 and 10 pcs design 3. This could be very cost effective when making small runs of different PCBs.

Brian, I see that so often that I think its common practice to under value the shipment to get past by customs with ease(specially the “gift” part).

3. Tony says:

One thing that bothers me is that separate designs MUST be submitted as separate sets of Gerber files and separate orders. This is good for some situations, but it gets really tedious when you are getting a large number of designs made.

Is there any way to submit several designs in one go? I tried emailing them but never got a reply…

• Royco says:

you can submit several designs in one order, last order I sent 6 designs. You just have to identify them when you zip up your gerbers for each project. something like D14756_10x10_DESIGN1_30pcs_BLUE.zip and if you have another with a different size/color in the same order D14756_5x5_DESIGN3_10pcs_GREEN.zip. Worked well for me.

• Brian says:

I do multiples design in a single order also I label them A B C after the normal silk label and just say in the email which design are which counts. So far it always has worked.

• Tony says:

Thanks for the replies. I will try submitting all my designs together next time. Should be a lot easier.

• Frank says:

Hey Tony

They don’t use any automated system or anything fancy like that, so in the end, a human does look at what you send over, if you just specified what you want, I’m sure they’ll get it done right.

4. Oscar says:

There is a similar article in spanish: http://webdelcire.com/wordpress/archives/853