MSPism: Nordic 2.4 + MSP/MSP mini battery board

in Chips, dev boards, MSP430 by Ian | 9 comments

Brian shared a MSP + ISM radio design with onboard battery.

It was designed to work with this module. It uses  MSP430G2553 mcu in conjunction with the Nordic nRF24L01+ 2.4GHz transceiver chip. The design also incorporates headers compatible with Digi XBee radio and a CR1225 battery holder.Tthe programing of the chip can be done from the LaunchPad or using a FTDI basic uart header. The design has all you need for a embedded wireless project.

Via the forum.

This entry was posted in Chips, dev boards, MSP430 and tagged , , , .

Comments

1. Brian says:

For what is is worth this board is due for a revision and will not have the coin cell on the back in the final version. It will have a LiPo connector in place of it.

2. Brian says:

I assume you are referencing samples? I get samples for prototypes… Yes I do buy parts for production? Maybe I missed the joke.

• Ian says:

I thought you were in the prototyping stage. Obviously even if you are in the prototyping stage you still need to confirm they are available for production versions.

• Brian says:

There were order-able with a lead time of about 8 week. During part selection and a similar part was available as samples. I ordered samples, once the prototype worked I ordered the parts for the first production run, which haven’t gotten here yet.

3. Remorilla says:

Anybody has tested the range of the nRF24L01+ modules??

• Brian says:

I measured it at at least 20 meters for the modules I was using. In a not very harsh RF environment. There was quite a lot of dielectric material in the way also. I will test line of sight outside sometime.