Bus Pirate PIC programming adapter sold out

in Bus Pirate, PIC, PiratePICprog by Ian | 8 comments

The Bus Pirate PIC programming adapters we made for developers are already gone. Seeed Studio is working on a couple more, in case some potential developers missed out.

We started with a cautious 20 units, just for developers. We expected 20 to last a long time, since it’s totally unsupported hardware. Now we’re wondering where they all went.

Did you order one? Do you plan to contribute?

This entry was posted in Bus Pirate, PIC, PiratePICprog and tagged .

Comments

1. Ian says:

I have a feeling a lot got snatched up at the discount price in anticipation of support…

• Sjaak says:

It only takes one to add basic support for PIC10/12/14/16/18. The others are just variations on that.

Let’s see what the future brings.. ;)

2. asdf says:

On another topic: I just received my STM32 discovery board. Nice to see if the bus pirate can be ported to it ;) Just don’t wait I’ll do everything, as I’m little busy…

3. Ovidiu M says:

One is on route to me in RO :)

4. tayken says:

Nope, planning it to use with a couple of PIC’s that I have. :)

5. Rick says:

I bought one, and also just picked up a Pickit 3 for comparison. I am hoping to help out.

6. Trev says:

I imagine Seeed Studio’s listing it at a 42% discount didn’t help.

• Ian says:

That was my fault, and that is what I worry about.

It’s only been verified by reading the ID and erasing a PIC 18F2550, so I wanted to emphasize that it was totally untested, what you see is what you get.