STM32 cheapie Discovery dev board

in dev boards by Ian | 14 comments

ST now has a Discovery evaluation board for the STM32 ARM chip, only $12 at Mouser.

Thanks for the tip!

This entry was posted in dev boards and tagged , .

Comments

1. Joby Taffey says:

Nice board.

Shame about the license agreement (http://www.st.com/stonline/products/families/microcontrollers/licence_agreement.pdf)

EVALUATION PRODUCT STATUS. The Evaluation Product allows You only to evaluate and test the ST products. You are not authorized to use the Evaluation Product in any production system, and may not be offered for sale or lease, or sold, leased or otherwise distributed. If the Evaluation Product is incorporated in a demonstration system, the demonstration system may be used by You solely for your evaluation and testing purposes. Such demonstration system may not be offered for sale or lease or sold, leased or otherwise distributed and must be accompanied by a conspicuous notice as follows: “This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased or otherwise distributed”.

RESTRICTIONS. You may not sell, assign, sublicense, lease, rent or otherwise distribute the Evaluation Product for commercial purposes (unless you are an authorized ST distributor provided that all the other clauses of this EVALUATION PRODUCT LICENSE AGREEMENT shall apply entirely), in whole or in part, or use Evaluation Product in production system. Except as provided in this Agreement or in the Evaluation Product’s documentation, You may not reproduce the demonstration software or related documentation, or modify, reverse engineer, de-compile or disassemble the demonstration software, in whole or in part.

2. roland says:

The board you show on the picture is the STM8S Discovery board not the STM32LV-Discovery board. The STM32 board looks different!!!!!

3. Chris Hettrick says:

Hey Ian,

I got the tip in my email from ST’s newsletter, and then I tipped you.
    It’s a pretty awesome deal for $12 and whatever it takes to get people into ARM chips (I really like the Cortex M3) the better. Also, Leaf Labs has the Maple that uses the STM32. I like the publicity it’s getting!
    I use an STM32F103 in a product my company makes, but program and debug it with a Keil ULink2. I have yet to try the ST-Link (except in the STM8S Discovery board) so it will be nice to see how they compare (Keil will most likely win)

4. brazov says:

@Roland. You’re wrong, what is shown in the picture is STM32VL-Discovery board, you can also written in the middle of the board.

5. tissit says:

12€ plus 20€ shipping.

6. hackthebox says:

Well, that all is not valid in the EU anyway. Btw. u are also not allowed jailbreak your phone, but who cares? ;)

7. Enrico says:

If you need toutorial concerning STM32 Discovery and ATOLLIC go here:

8. BobC says:

LOL, this so called “license agreement” from STM has no legal power, it’s complete BS. I don’t know how they think they can pull this sort of stunt, but if they think they can put this legal BS onto customers I won’t be using any ST products.

9. ZF says:

I wrote an article about the different toolchains available for STM32VLDISCOVERY development, covering also various options for Linux. Check it at:

10. jumpjack says:

Where can I buy this in Europe/Italy at affordable shipping costs?

11. Marko says: