Bus Pirate v3 reference card

in Bus Pirate, pin reference by Ian | 9 comments

Torsten got tired of looking up the Bus Pirate IO table in the manual, so he made this handy spec and pin reference card:

Please find attached my version of a quick reference card. The information is, due to the limitation of the sheet not very much. I tried to get the most important infos on it.

It is a LaTeX-file based on the pgf/tikz package. I documented the file in a way that even a LaTeX-novice should be able to modify the colour code to his needs. I created this card with the pcb-board of the Bus Pirate V3 in mind. It will fit exactly under the pcb and thus people can stick it there by double sided tape or whatever.

Anyhow, any changes and suggestions are welcome. I published it under GNU Free Documentation License, thus you can do whatever you like with it.

Thanks for the tip!

See also ecronin’s case sticker, and the new pin reference card category. We’ll keep openly-licensed reference cards in the documents folder of the SVN, feel free to contribute yours.

This entry was posted in Bus Pirate, pin reference and tagged , .

Comments

1. Chris says:

You made a little oops:

the line with the clock is shifted to the left. (see also http://dangerousprototypes.com/bus-pirate-manual/#ioheader )

2. Rubi says:

Hi

I would like to attach your card to the back of my case, unfortunately your colour coding is inverse to ecronin’s case sticker.Since I already stuck to enroins design , could you also upload your sticker with reverse colour coding ?

I am not simply good enough at paint to correct yours myself,just tried and gave up.

Cheers
    Rubi

• Torsten says:

Hi,

I can change and upload it. However, this might create more and more versions for different colours. That is the reason I published the source code. It is LaTeX based and to change the colours is rather simple. However, you need a LaTeX-system on your machine. If you like, I can send you a version for your colour encoding. Please send me a PM at my email-address given in the Tex source file.

Bye
      Torsten

• Rubi says:

Thank you, just sent you a pm.

Cheers
      Rubi

3. Rob T. says:

I couldn’t find a good listing for the Seeed bus probe cable colors. I wound up making labels for the probe tips on a p-touch. 1/2 inch labels are a little to tall so I needed to trim them a little bit. If you have 3/8 inch p-touch tape that would be idea.

The seeed cable uses two tweezer, (one red +5V, and black ground), the rest are regular mini-hooks. In the case where there is more than one probe of the same color, the 2nd color in this table is the wire color.

GND Black Tweezer Ground, connect to ground of test circuit
    +3.3v Yellow Probe (Red wire) +3.3volt switchable power supply
    +5.0v Red Tweezer +5volt switchable power supply
    ADC Red Voltage measurement probe (max 6volts)
    Vpu Green/Green Voltage input for on-board pull-up resistors (0-5volts).
    AUX Blue Auxiliary IO, frequency probe, pulse-width modulator
    CLK Green/Purple Clock signal (I2C, SPI, JTAG, KB)
    MOSI Yellow/Gray Master data out, slave in (SPI, JTAG), Serial data (1-Wire, I2C, KB), TX* (UART)
    CS* White/White Chip select (SPI), TMS (JTAG)
    MISO Black/Black Master data in, slave out (SPI, JTAG) RX (UART)

4. Bergmann, Andreas says:

Files: /Bus_Pirate/documents/buspirate_refcard.png and /Bus_Pirate/documents/buspirate_refcard.pdf last Change 4.1.2012 – SVN Revision 1638 (Message: Bus Pirate documents folder from old SVN) are still wrong.