#twatch: PCBs available at Seeed

in #twatch by Ian | 8 comments

Seeed Studio has v2 Twitter Watcher #twatch PCBs for $6, be sure to get the right ethernet jack ($1.90). These are the extra boards from our Fusion PCB service order (formerly propaganda PCB service).

Assembled versions of our Twitter ticking, ethernet LCD backpack are also available for immediate shipment. A #twatch with LCD is $45, an assembled #twatch PCB is $30, prices include worldwide shipping.

This entry was posted in #twatch and tagged , .

Comments

1. riza says:

Hi, I recently got the twatch pcb. Thanks! I would like to know how do you normally get your capacitor,resistor,etc. I’ve checked several online shop. Their shipping cost is quite expensive. I was going to but the capacitor and resistor book from seeed but they are sold out.

I stumble upon your article in instructables on PIC programmer. How do you normally program your PIC especially the SMD version.

Anyway, my bus pirate v3 is shipping. I can’t wait. I might be able to use it.

2. riza says:

I stumble upon your article in instructables on PIC programmer. How do you normally program your PIC especially the SMD version?

Anyway, my bus pirate v3 is shipping. I can’t wait. I might be able to use it.

3. Ian says:

Hi riza,

It depends on where you are. You can click the links in the #twatch article partlist to see where I ordered my parts. Mouser and Digikey are good in the US. Digikey has $2.50 USPS shipping in the US. Mouser has free fedex shipping to many countries for orders $100 or more. In many countries Farnell or RS Components are options, and sometimes Avnet.

SMD PICs are programmed through the 5-pin ICSP header on the side of the PCB. You won’t be able to program the #twatch with my Instructables programmer, it’s a new 3.3volt PIC. However, we’re working hard to make the Bus Pirate program them, so hopefully you can use that. PICKit2 is probably the cheapest programmer for the new 18Fxxjxx, 24F, and dsPIC33.

4. riza says:

Btw sorry for the double post.

I am in italy. I guest farnell should be a good option.

I have access to an ICD2 programmer (univ lab). I guess i need to find an ICSP cable since the ICD2 cable comes with rj11

I can’t wait for your new project to finish (SUMP PUMP).

Thanks Ian.

5. pppd says:

Farnell, Mouser and Digikey all have wide variety of available components, but their prices for basic RLC stuff like resistors and capacitors are really high when compared to local shops. In Poland I pay as little as 0.25EUR for 100 resistors ( through-hole, SMD 1206, 0805, etc), 0.05EUR for a non-white LED, etc. My friend, who runs an electronics shop will soon start shipping abroad. The good thing for us European guys is that there is no extra tax as things will be shipped from within EU and th shipping is much faster.

• riza says:

@pppd

Too bad I can’t find a local electronic shop here.
      May I know the url of your friend’s shop.
      I hope he will start shipping abroad soon.

6. Ian says:

@pppd – please keep us updated, I’d really like a new place to order parts in the EU.

7. pppd says:

I will let you know when the on-line store is open. Right now he just have a brief info page in Polish so there’s no point linking it. But if you’d like to order before the store goes online just contact me with a PM on the forum. I can complete your order and put it on ebay for your security and then mail it to you.